Possible craft project ideas for the 12/12/12 Project:
- Lunar New Year ATCs (January 23rd, January Project)
- “Easter Egg” Cameo Necklaces (April 8, March Project)
- Valentine Heart Boxes with Resin Jewels (February 14th, February Project)
- Snow Globes made from Mason Jars (December Project)
- Friendship Bracelets
- Something Day of the Dead (October Project)
- Something Cat Related
- Fabric Button Hair Clip Sets
- Solid Perfume Lockets
- My Little Pony Cameo Necklaces
- Craft Destash Packs
- Lip Gloss
- Match Boxes
Happy New Year 2012!
Well it’s the first day of the new year, which is shocking enough to me all on its own, and at the moment I’m thinking of what kind of project I’d like to do next year. In addition to New Year’s Resolutions (which I make but they’re not really that lofty) I like to take on a yearly handmade project, though as often as not I can’t come up with any ideas I like. The 52/06 Project is the last one I think I was really excited about and I’m embarrassed to realize that was 6 years ago. Finally, after thinking about what to do for nearly every day of the last two weeks of 2011, I decided that I liked the idea of doing 12 things during each of the 12 months in 2012: 12/12/12.
I don’t want to be too rigid about it, like by not letting myself repeat themes for example, because on the whole my goal is to make more collages this year than I made last year, so I’m guessing that will be a theme for multiple months. Still, I’m excited about the idea, even though I’m guessing it will be quite a lot of work. I just keep trying to remind myself that really I just need to make three things per weekend, and that makes it seem a lot less imposing. I also really need help coming up with themes or craft project ideas, so if you have any suggestions please let me know and, of course, wish me luck!
I have so many things that I need to do today! It helps to make it a public list so if I end up doing nothing at least I’m doing nothing publically. Basically I’m using shame to motivate me; it’s a good thing! The crushed Four Loko can I found on the way to the grocery yesterday, classy neighborhood alert!
- Pack up packages for the post office
Send tuition info to Dad
Buy more paint from Home Depot
Print out and mail graduation application
Scan and email graduation application
- Photograph new Zombuki
- Edit photos of new Zombuki
- Finish holiday shopping without buying anything for myself – I kind of did this one, on the whole I did really well but I did end up buying a $5 Ice-Bat toy for myself, which is especially odd because I don’t like Uglydoll (though Ice-Bat is okay). Close though! $5 is definitely a record low.
- Restock Shanalogic and make new necklace design – I did do this one! I have everything boxed up and ready to be sent out, I just need to take the shop photos of the new design before it gets sent out, which should be extremely soon.
- Add wholesale info and stockist lists page to blog – Um, fail. I wanted to though!
- Add press page to the blog – Another fail, I did start updating individual blog posts with press when they got it (like Treasuries, etc.), but that’s not really good enough!
- Figure out branding direction for my lines – This one I’m still unsure of. I was thinking about it just yesterday, I love having a stand alone store on Storenvy, but when I go to shop handmade I vastly prefer shopping on Etsy. So what to trust, my instincts as a business owner, or my instincts as a shopper? Sigh …
- Add shipping policies page to blog – I actually did write this, even though you can’t see it, and that’s because I realized I need a “shop” parent page or it wouldn’t make sense, a random shipping policies page hovering in the nav bar, how curious.
- List Valentines Day items in shops – No but I have lots of them and they are super sweet :3 Also I did manage to add the Valentine’s Day Section to the shop, so that’s something. I guess adding new things will have to be a January goal now!
Okay so not a barn stormer exactly, but what can you do? I did end up finishing the book I talked about in the goals post, so I’ll review that soon! Anyway, Happy New Year!